Given today's updated guidance from the CDC, The Center will be closed to the public through March 31st. We had hoped to stay open during the evening for anyone who needed to see someone face-to-face, however, we feel it is safest for everyone to practice social distancing. We will continue to be vigilant about responding to email, voicemail and Facebook messages.
If you are in need of information, advocacy, supplies or emotional support please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (530) 949-6267
In the meantime, the board will be discussing ways to continue providing support and social connection in the weeks to come. Stay tuned, stay safe and stay well ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Dear LGBTQ+ community and loved ones,
Amidst the new guidance from the California Department of Public Health on group gatherings in the state, we’re being thoughtful about our responsibility and commitment to care for each other, in community and with compassion. Specifically, the guidance recommends that groups most at risk for contracting COVID-19 – including older adults, people living with HIV, and others -- avoid gathering in groups of 10 or more through the end of the month.
Our obligation to community and connection drives our work every day. With an eye on the future of our collective health and longevity, we are making the decision to follow the recommendations of the expert public health officials in an effort to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus by suspending or changing current programming at The NorCal OUTreach Center and/or sponsored by The NorCal OUTreach Center effective immediately, through Tuesday, March 31st.
What Does This Mean?
· All in person group programming for youth and adults through March 31st is cancelled.
· The Coffee and Dessert Social scheduled for this Saturday is cancelled. Provided the situation improves, the next social will take place on April 18th.
· The Mindfulness Workshop scheduled to start on March 23rd is postponed. A new start date will be announced soon.
· The Pride Planning Meeting scheduled for Friday, March 20th is cancelled, and will be rescheduled.
· The Volunteer Training that was scheduled for March 21st is cancelled. The next training is Saturday, April 11th. A new training registration will be available on Eventbrite soon.
· The Center will be open for information and resource navigation Monday-Friday during the evening hours only, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Voicemail, email and Facebook messages will be checked regularly.
How Can I Learn More?
· Contact The NorCal OUTreach Center at (530) 949-6267; if it is urgent, call Christopher at (530) 262-8161.
· Email The NorCal OUTreach Center at firstname.lastname@example.org your message will be forwarded to the most appropriate person.
· Send a Direct Message on Facebook which is being checked regularly.
If you have any of the following:
· Dry Cough
· Difficulty breathing
· Or, have traveled in the last 14 days (foreign or domestic)
Call your medical provider before going in to a clinic for guidance.
Recognizing that it is important to listen to the guidance from public health officials, we are continuing to check for updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), California Department of Public Health, as well as Shasta County Health and Human Services.
If you have any questions about these new protocols, we encourage you to contact The Center directly. Please know that our community’s best interest is at the heart of every decision we are forced to make.
Let’s do what we can to care for our bodies, our spirits, and our community. Call or Facetime your friends, be gentle with yourself and your neighbors. If you’re in need of connection, reach out. We will get through this together, even if we might not be able to be physically in the same room.
The NorCal OUTreach Project Board
Sign up to get the latest updates about the Center's support groups, activities and events.
Every donation helps us provide support, social connection and education to LGBTQ+ people and their loved ones living in rural far Northern California.